Tuesday 4 August 2009

Recommended Reading - The Thrifty Gardener

The Thrifty Gardener - How to create a stylish garden for next to nothing
by Alys Fowler
I liked this book a lot though if I'm honest it hasn't much to offer the experienced gardener other than some recycling inspiration. But Alys Fowler has a nice way about her, you've probably seen her on Gardeners World, her passion for gardening shines through the pages and she does inspire.
I think this book would make a super present for a first time gardener.
My copy came from The Works for only £6.99 so it would make a fairy economical gift.
For more information on Renaissance,what we are doing,the Renaissance Newsletter,our other blogs and our shop,please visit our website.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a copy of this and as you say just right for a first time gardener.
    I gave up watching Gardeners'World a couple of months ago! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pop in to The Works tomorrow during my lunch hour. I haven't yet come across any books by Alys. Thanks for the tip. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment. Each and every comment is much appreciated.