Tuesday 18 August 2009

Flower Thugs

These very lovely Windflowers have been rather thuggish and nearly taken over
a whole border. But they are so pretty it's hard to get ruthless with them.


I am a little more ruthless with this yellow daisy.
My husbands' Aunt gave us a root years ago and every year we do battle
to prevent it from taking over completely.
My neighbour decided that her hydrangea had gotten out of control this weekend.
She pruned it ruthlessly much to my benefit as I managed to rescue the blooms
before they went into the recycle bin. I've decided to dry them with the intention
of making my own wreath this Christmas.
Instructions here - HOW TO DRY HYDRANGEA FLOWERS
For more information on Renaissance,
what we are doing,
the Renaissance Newsletter,
our other blogs and our shop,
please visit
our website.

2 comments:

  1. Those dried hydrangeas will make a superb Christmas wreath - thanks for the instructions too!!
    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Japanese Anemone, I have a white one and a pink one and they always give a good display in late Summer. I shall look forward to seeing photos of your Christmas wreath, a great idea. I also enjoyed seeing the Victoria Plums and Bramley Apples on your previous posts, yum yum!

    Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to leave a comment. Each and every comment is much appreciated.